Black Friday has become one of the biggest shopping days of the year and, like it or not, it’s here to stay.
That being said, if you’re the kind of person who tries as hard as they can to avoid stores during this period, it’s worth noting that the event isn’t just for serial shopaholics.
But, before you rush out on the November 23, there are a few things you should keep in mind.
Other than price, you need to consider what type of deal suits you best. If you have a number of people and devices in your household, a broadband offer with a higher data allowance or speed might be best, while those who simply want to use it to scroll through Instagram and Facebook might not require such a big allowance.
The same goes with TV packages too. When it comes to choosing which one suits your needs best, you’re going to want to make sure you find the best combination of price and service. Does everyone in your household like to watch something different? Then Sky might be the best option for you. But, if it’s binge watching television series and cosy move nights you’re after, you might prefer a subscription service like Now TV instead.
While most companies are yet to confirm their involvement in Black Friday 2018 these are the ones we expect will be taking part.
TV package deals
A staple in most households, Sky is a wise investment for large families but investing in one of its extensive packages can prove costly. Last year, the household name offered a range of discounts including a monthly charge of £10 for Sky Cinema – a contract which usually costs £30 a month.
To make this deal even more appealing Sky also announced the launch of three new movie channels: Sky Cinema Christmas, Sky Cinema Classics and Sky Cinema Musicals.
- Sky Kids, £5 extra a month – buy now
- Sky Box Sets, £5 extra a month – buy now
- Sky Cinema, £10 extra a month for 18 months – buy now
Last year, NOW TV offered heavy discounts all its TV passes with two months for the price of one on its Sky Cinema Pass, Entertainment Pass, Kids Pass and Sky Sports Pass. The company is yet to confirm if it will be taking part in any deals this time round but we expect there will be some great discounts on offer.
- Now Entertainment, £14.47 – buy now
- Now Sky Cinema, £20.68 – buy now
- 6 Months Entertainment and Sky Cinema, £50.94 – buy now
Amazon Prime Video
With everything from TV series to movies and documentaries, Amazon Prime Video has it all. If you want to test it out without parting with your hard earned cash you can now get a 30 day trial of Amazon Prime for free.
Internet package deals
One of the most well-known companies in the UK, BT offers discounts across a range of products from broadband to TV, mobile and laptops. Last year, it offered month discounts on fibre broadband, cut setup costs and gave away £125 BT Reward Cards across every broadband package.
- Superfast Fibre Essential 36MB with BT line rental, £29.99 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Superfast Fibre Essential 50MB with BT line rental, £35.99 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Superfast Fibre Plus 67MB with BT line rental, £54.99 a month for 18 months – buy now
A company that offers flexible and high-quality service at super-speeds, it’s no wonder that more and more of us are converting to Virgin Media. The good news is that it took part in Black Friday last year with impressive bundles that cost £18, down from £27, and we expect more of the same this tie round.
- Vivid 50 Fibre Broadband, £35 a month for 12 months – buy now
- Vivid 100 Fibre Broadband, £40 a month for 12 months – buy now
- Vivid 200 Fibre Broadband, £45 a month for 12 months – buy now
A trusty household name in the UK, Sky is best known for its all-encompassing collection of TV channels but it also offers some great deals on broadbrand too. For Black Friday 2017, new customers could sign up with Sky Fibre Unlimited and Box Sets TV for £50 per month, each priced at £25. Additionally, it also cut costs on its Variety bundle to just £25 per month.
- Sky Fibre Max, £27 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Sky Broadband Unlimited 11MB, £18 a month for 18 months – buy now
- Sky Fibre Max 63MB, £27 a month for 18 months – buy now
EE offers a good variety of deals all year round but especially so during Black Friday. Last year, the company offered EE Reward prepaid cards on its broadband deals, ranging from £50 up to £125, depending on the package.